Return to VoteTomWalters.com
Starting on May 4th, purchase a $5 ticket online or in-person at participating venues for your change to win a year's worth of medical expenses. Winner will be announced on June 25, 2018.
By participating, you agree that:
1. These Official Contest Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by the VoteTomWalters. No modification of these official contest rules shall be enforceable unless made by the VoteTomWalters.
2. All entries/tickets must be received by the drawing date to be eligible for the drawing.
3. Ticket price is $5 (five dollars US) and each purchaser is limited to a maximum of 10 tickets.
4. Grand prize will be a dollar amount equal to one year’s worth of health care expense of the winner. Health care expenses include, but are not limited to, health insurance premiums paid by (or on behalf) of the winner, prescription drug costs, rehabilitation cost, insurance co-pays, cost for mental health therapy and any other health related expense. Maximum grand prize is limited to $15,000. In the event that less than $25,000 worth of tickets are sold, the sponsor reserves the right to reduce the Grand Prize amount to 60% of total ticket sales.
5. Each entry will be given a 5 digit “ticket”, “entry” or “confirmation” number. The winning number will be determined by 5 random drawings of ping pong balls numbered “0” through “9”. To be conducted June 25, 2018 (or before) at a location to be determined. Each entrant will be notified of the location and exact time, but winner need not be present to win.
6. If not present, winner notification will be made by telephone, email and US mail.
7. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes.
8. As required by IRS regulations, winner agrees to pay 25% federal income tax withholding to VoteTomWalters prior to release of the prize. VoteTomWalters will submit the taxes collected to the IRS. After the end of the year, VoteTomWalters will file a form W-2G with the IRS to report the value of the prize won and the taxes paid in by the winner. The winner will receive a copy of this also.
9. All non-US residents will be required by IRS regulations to pay 30% US income tax on the value of the prize (the cash option) unless the winner is a resident of specific countries exempted by treaty. This amount will be withheld from the cash prize and submitted to the IRS on behalf of the winner. After the end of the year, VoteTomWalters will file a Form 1042 and 1042-S to report the value of the prize won and the taxes paid in by the winner. The winner will receive a copy of this also.
10. VoteTomWalters liability for any other claim is limited to refund of ticket price.
11. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, address, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by VoteTomWalters, and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
12. THIS CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE INTERNATIONAL, FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED, OR OTHERWISE RESTRICTED.